Expanded Cashing Authority Program
INTERESTED IN becoming an Expanded Cashing Authority Program (XCAP) retailer? Great! In Fiscal Year 2021, an elite group of about 370 of our 4,300 retailers qualified for XCAP status.
An XCAP retailer can pay Lottery winnings up to $5,000, which attracts players wishing to claim prizes of $601 to $5,000. As an XCAP retailer, you will earn additional money from cashing higher-tier tickets — 3 percent of all tickets cashed.
XCAP RULES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Be in good standing with the Lottery for the previous 12 months.
- Use a separate bank account for Lottery transactions.
- Sell all Lottery games: instant tickets (minimum of 25 facings), monitor games and draw games.
- Have average 13-week Lottery sales that are twice the average Lottery sales of the 10 closest Lottery retailers.
- Keep your location ADA-compliant.
- Submit claims via your Lottery retailer terminal. Mail claim receipts monthly to the Lottery in envelopes provided by district sales managers so the Lottery can process winners’ W2-G forms.
- Attend a Regional Retailer Advisory Board meeting each fall and spring to maintain XCAP status and qualify for biannual recertification.
If you fail to comply with one of these requirements, we may temporarily suspend your XCAP privileges. Repeated violations may result in removal of your XCAP status and may lead to revocation of your Maryland Lottery retailer license.